Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

Interview/Interaction

Wednesday, May 5, 2010
I called and interviewed a Muslim and Catholic preacher.
Catholic- Father Bill
655-2541

Muslim-Rabbi Miller
879-4247

Each priest that was interviewed was asked 10 questions. These ranged from being scared of death, what happens when infants die, if deeds on earth changes what happens in the afterlife, if how you die effects anything, etc. Both people answered to the best of their abilities. I was not able to get in touch with the other two, Jewish and Christian. The Muslim faith believes strongly in the Allah, or God, and Muhammad. They also think that if an infant should die, even though it is debatable, he or she spends time "in limbo", or an undecided state before entering either Heaven or Hell. This goes the same with the Catholic faith. For the most part, infants go to Heaven or Paradise when they die. The Muslim believed that when we die on earth, the either enter a place of Hell such as christians believe, or a state of Paradise, or Heaven. Deeds done on earth greatly influence one's outcome of the afterlife in Muslim tradition. If one commits suicide, one is sentenced to Hell, for both Catholic and Muslim faith.


I learned many things from this interview. I learned to be very open minded when it comes to my belief and religion because Christian isn't the only type of faith in the world. There are Athiest, Jews, and all sorts of different unique beliefs about life and death, ecspecially death. I am glad I chose this topic because I learned many things throughout this project, not only from one or two blogs. The interviewed religious leaders were nice and understood that even though I was not of their faith, they were willing to answer any questions I had about it. They appreciated the fact that I was there listening because most people don't give other religions or beliefs unlike theirs the time of day anymore. I hope I can choose to branch out more and learn more about the afterlife past this project.

0 comments:

Post a Comment